ETHS will have Tours beginning at 1:30pm to 3:00pm on November 22, 2014. Once your tour is complete, you will have the ability to roam around the zoo until it closes at 5:00pm.
What you will need to do is
1. Make your reservation by sending the members names and guest names to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You will receive a confirmation number via email, please bring this with you. This will be your ticket.
3. When you arrive at the zoo, come to the main entrance, ETHS will have a table there to check you in and get you set up to go behind the scenes of the reptile house.
4. Once you have completed your tour, you are free to visit all the animals at the zoo until closing time of 5pm.
We hope you are as excited as we are about this new and exciting change! See you there!
On a side note: The Houston Zoo will have it’s annual Zoo Lights beginning at 6pm. This is not included in your admission for the Behind the Scenes Tour. IF you want to attend that with the zoo, you will have to leave and then purchase the tickets to attend that event. This is NOT covered with your BTST admission. But, please feel free to attend…… since you’re already there. 🙂
If you want to attend but your dues are not up to date, no problem, we can catch you up that day. You do not want to miss out on this exciting event!
The Houston Zoo has graciously opened their doors and has allowed ETHS a behind the scenes tour of the Reptile House.
We request that you RSVP in order to attend this event. Please send your name and the names of the people coming with you along with the number of people to email@example.com by November 20, 2014. (we request a maximum of 2 guests per membership)
Due to the shear volume of this yearly even, ETHS is allowed 100 people to participate. Please send in your RSVP, so you don’t miss out. You will receive a confirmation number for you and your guest. Please print this out and bring it with you…This is your ticket to get in.
We look forward to meeting our new members and visiting with all other members and help share in many HERP memories.
Ever wonder what goes on behind closed doors and inside the locked cages at the Reptile and Amphibian Building at the Houston Zoo? Well, here’s your chance to find out! The Houston Zoo Herpetology Department will host a rare “behind the scenes” tour of the Reptile and Amphibian Building for ETHS members and their guests.
If you have been putting off joining the ETHS…now is a good time to fill out your application and become a member. You are welcome to join us the day of the tour.
Here are some things you need to know:
- Please do not touch anything unless authorized by a Houston Zoo Herpetology staff member.
- Venomous animals are not relegated to one particular area. They are spread throughout the building.
- Children are expected to be with their parents at all times.
- Snacks and soft drinks will be provided.
This event is A LOT of fun so come out and join us…we are going to